Immigrant Justice Action Group
In keeping with our seven principles and as social justice allies, our mission is to support and enhance the rights of refugees and immigrants in our community. We provide information; promote understanding and engagement of our fellow UU congregants to these ends.
The Immigrant Justice Action Group will work to:
- Take action to demonstrate and support immigrants as they express their needs.
- Educate fellow congregants on issues facing immigrants in ourcommunity.
- Support congregants in becoming allies to immigrants.
- Interface with other organizations and faith groups in Portland working on immigration issues and actively participate in the Interfaith Movement for Immigrant Justice (IMIrJ).
- Partner with other allied action groups within the Social Justice Council.
Visit us at the social justice table in Margaret Fuller Hall on the first and third Sundays of the month. We have quarterly all-church informational and action-oriented meetings to address issues and support immigrants and refugees in our community. Watch your bulletin for details.
Contact: Wendy Rankin
Contact Ann Zawaski.
The Interfaith Movement for Immigrant Justice invites you to join in a monthly vigil expressing support and love for families affected by ICE detentions in Oregon. Meet on the east side of the facility at the trolley station. Last Thursday of every month – October 26, November 30, December 28.